Motor Folios Privacy Notice
CLASSIC FOLIOS LIMITED (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised experience.
If we make changes to this notice, we will notify you by updating it on our website.
For the purpose of the GDPR, the data controller is CLASSIC FOLIOS LIMITED of Highland House, Mayflower Close, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 4AR.
Should you need to contact us, our details are:
Data Protection Officer, Classic Folios, Woodside Trade Centre, 34 Parham Drive, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4NU.
This privacy notice was last updated on 10th May 2018.
Information we collect from you
We may collect, store and process the following kinds of information about you when you purchase goods from us:
· Full name
· Telephone number
· Email address
· Credit / Debit card number
If you have shopped with us using a credit or debit card, we will securely collect and store this payment card information.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site, we will automatically collect the following information about the devices that you use to access our sites. This may include IP address, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through, and from, our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How do we use your information?
Data protection states that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only when we have a proper reason to do so. These reasons are:
· Contract - your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement, e.g., in order to send you your Motor Folio.
· Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way, e.g., for storing your payment card details.
· Legitimate interests - this means the interests of Classic Folios in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way, e.g., to transfer your data to certain third party’s, such as delivery partners.
· Legal obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information, e.g., when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Here is a list of the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons described above we rely on to do so. Where we list legitimate interests as a reason, we also describe below what we believe these legitimate interests are.
What we use your information for Our reason Our reason for legitimate interest
Processing your order Fulfilling a contract N/A
Storing payment cards Consent N/A
Notify you of order status Legitimate interest Process efficiency in dealing with such activity, and to make improvements to our services
Data Security Legitimate interest To provide security and prevent fraud
Who we share your information with
We work with third parties in order to supply you with high quality goods and services for payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies.
Delivery Partners: in order to deliver your goods, we work with a number of delivery partners. We only pass on the information needed to deliver your items
Payment Processing: We work with trusted payment processing providers to securely process your payment.
Some of the information that you provide to us may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries such as the US. For example, we have a relationship with Squarespace to provide our website.
Where we have relationships with suppliers outside of the EEA, we will ensure that they comply with data protection standards at the same level as the GDPR.
Keeping in touch
We will not contact you with marketing communications unless you have specifically consented for us to do so.
If you decide that you no longer wish to receive these communications you can opt out at anytime, by unsubscribing using the link in the email or contacting us at email@example.com
How long we keep your information
The length of time that we keep your personal information is determined by a number of factors, including the purpose for which it was originally collected.
Data will not be stored for longer than necessary to process your order and data will be removed from our website servers on a regular basis. We will store invoice information for six years for our business purposes.
You are entitled to request the following information (these are your data subject rights):
· Right of access – to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it;
· Right to rectification – to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
· Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased;
· Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information;
· Right to data portability - to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form;
· Right to object - to object to processing of your personal information; and
· Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, contact us at Marketing@classicfolios.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website, www.ico.org.uk. Where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
· Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets. In which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If CLASSIC FOLIOS LIMITED or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party. In which case, personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.